Thursday, July 17, 2008

Work has begun

Day 1
Well, work began this week. I came into the office on Tuesday. I moved some furniture around, I went through the youth library that was left for me, and I pulled out the 15% of it I will keep. Its the process that the next Youth Minister will use when I leave. I will leave a mess of books that i think are awesome and some that I didn't think were worth taking and 85% will just be given/thrown away. I was told in my first staff meeting on my first morning that they need a six month calendar turned in ASAP from everyone on staff. I feel like that's alot of pressure to put on someone on their first day. Are there no plans in place for the next 6 months? I have yet to talk to any parent about scheduling, I have yet to meet with any students, with the youth council. But i needed to get to work on that schedule. Well I made one today on Microsoft Publisher. It has alot of blank space so far. Alot. Well, soon enough i will fill it. I went to the Staff parish relations Committee meeting. I was introdiced to the 6 people there. THey had no questions for me, so then i left and went home and they had the rest of their meeting. Overall it was a good day.

Day 2
I went to lunch today with Hunter, Noah, Chase, Allie, Natalie, Mary, McKenzie, Brittany, and Daniel. It was very low-key. But it was fun to see them and watch them interact. They seem to be alot of fun. They don't seem to wonder why I am here. Apparently the former Youth Minister parted on much better terms than where I previously served. I think that is a good sign. I came back put my Buddha collection on a table in my office, tryed to fill in some blanks on that calendar and then went home. overall it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment