Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 5th

g:
Well, just so you know, I am still unemployed. I have applied at a church here in Johnson City to be the youth pastor. I am one of three finalists, but I was unable to secure immunity going into the last round. They were supposed to let me know by now, but the search team has called for a meeting on Sunday, and hopefully I will find out Sunday afternoon. If that doesn't work i might go to school again to get a Masters in Education.........wow, I hope I do not have to go back to school.
Though this time of unemployment has allowed me the freedom to play more golf than ever before, it has not given me enough income to play the amount of golf that would allow me to improve.


Around the house things are improving. We have our china and glasses out of their boxes for the first time ever (except for our anniversary). We now have living room and dining room furniture, Things like a couch and love seat, a hutch, and an old secretary desk. We have put up enough photos of ourselves to replace the need for mirrors. BUT....we have an entire hallway downstairs with things to go on walls: diplomas, maps, pictures, etc. So we have alot of bare walls.



So I went over to someones house from Gray UMC for the Fourth. This house was landscaped like i had not ever seen. It was impeccable. Oh, they also had a whiffle ball field. No seriously they had a whiffle ball field. Like field of dreams style. There was a full whiffle ball field. Imagine a small softball field, with the fence the manicured grass, and the perfect dirt diamond in the infield. There was also a backstop and stadium seating. Then the youth of the church did a fireworks show. It lasted over 15minutes and even ended with a huge finale. It was pretty good considering it was just a bunch of stuff people had bought. I celebrated my independance by not wearing red white or blue.

Well take care. Peace.

you can see some new Wedding pics on this page

No comments:

Post a Comment