Sunday, July 6, 2008

Gainful Employment

So I got a phone call today from Rev Paul Seay of Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church (in Johnson City). I was asked if i could start work as the Youth Pastor on July 15th. I cannot tell you how satisfying this call was.

I rarely say things like this is what God wants or this is where God wants me. But as I interviewed with Wesley memorial I really began to feel like it was where I was supposed to be. Paul said that the committee was meeting last Wednesday night, and so I figured I would get a call Wednesday saying they went with someone else or that they were choosing me. The call never came. In fact the call never came. So i sat by phone from Thursday morning (actually Wednesday night) until Friday evening when we went to a 4th of July party. During the party I received an email from Paul that the committee was meeting Sunday. So I sat around all weekend wondering what would happen? I began to wonder what i would do? Go Back to school? Work at Food City or La Carretta? just stay home and clean (like thats what would happen).

That decision is now irrelevant. I will talk with them this week to get the details on working there, but to all of you who have been praying for me, thank you. More to come as I get it.

Peace,
G

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of the employed man, that's great news. So, its sounds also like I'll be making a trip out to play a little whiffle ball sometime, on the field of dreams. That's awesome man, I've never known anyone that had their own full size whiffle ball field. Anyway, congrats and love you bro!

    ReplyDelete