Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pool Party

So week two began with a pool party on Wednesday. It was fun. there 15 kids that showed up. Some of them were only out of the water for the brief time it took to eat. Some of them were only off their phones for the brief time it took to get in the water, but everyone seemed to have a good time. We played with water pistols, and these were some cheapo water pistols, so that added to the enjoyment. In the midst of 10 minute water gun fight with Emma, I stopped and refilled the pistol maybe 12-15 times. there was actually only about 6 or seven minutes of squirting the guns. I saw some great flips, and some incredible almost flips, and even a couple not even closes.
So far I have met a good number of the youth, maybe half, and they have been great. They have welcomed me more than I could have expected. They are funny and smart and some of them are goofy, its great. I think I will fit well with this bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment