Thursday, September 18, 2008

A good day

Yesterday was good day.

I walked into my office to find an email telling me how a girl in our youth group had come home and told her mom that she enjoyed it. Her mom said that was the first time she had ever said that about church. She also told me that the daughter is excited about the Middle School Retreat I am planning. I suppose i could stop there and the day would be good. But it wasn't even lunch yet.
Speaking of lunch, i went to Sonic for a late lunch, which you might think is bad (that i had missed lunch earlier) but it was after 2pm so i got my drink half price!
Then i went right across the street from Sonic to the Salvation Army store, and found 3 board games for a total of 6 bucks. We are decorating our den with movie posters and things from Board games, so i had been looking at Thrift stores for games, but had come up empty handed until yesterday.
Our Wednesday meal was good. And so was our lesson. And then when we went to play in the gym, the kids requested Dodgeball Bowling, the game i made up on Sunday!

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment